There is an all-star line up happening at IM Spring Break in April, and rarely can you mingle with Internet marketers of this caliber in such an intimate setting. I can only expect incredible sessions and speakers packed into 3 days of sharing and learning information on SEO, paid search marketing, affiliate marketing and social media marketing. And if that’s not enough to entice you, here are 7 more reasons why savvy marketers should attend:
1) Chris Winfield, who I faithfully follow on Twitter, is a social media dynamo who will be kicking off the program.
2) Beloved Rae Hoffman (SugarRae) will be hosting an NDA keynote session. If the specific content can’t be disclosed, it’s got to be juicy, right?
3) Unlike the bigger conferences throughout the year, networking at these smaller events is much easier and extremely valuable.
4) Because this is an extremely focused event, the conversations and give and take between attendees and speakers are as informative as the sessions themselves.
5) Steve Plunkett – who is presenting on Information Architecture – is an experienced search engine whiz. I also have a hunch that he’s a great dancer.
6) Also presenting is Kenny Hyder, who embodies a unique combination of SEO and fashion sense. Anyone who even remotely cares about style should attend his session on Creating Content for Social Media.
7) Loren Baker from Search Engine Journal will be moderating Day 2. Haven’t you always wanted to meet Loren Baker?
OK, I’m busted, this is part of a contest the IM Spring Break is promoting to see who can get the most pingbacks. The contest is easy: write a post, link back to IM Spring Break, tag as many people as you can (contact people interested in going to the event or simply friends) to create their own list of 7 things, and have them link back to your post. The person with the most pingbacks wins.
Please help me win. I live in Maine. We have lots of snow. And believe me, I need a break.